Help the Homeless
Your support will help to cover the registration costs of walkers who are ready to help us meet our goal! The money will support NVFS housing programs.Give Online
If you didn't have a home to go to after school.
If you couldn't curl up in a bed of your own when you felt sick.
If your only meal of the day was the one served to you at school.
These are just some of the realities for homeless children in the Northern Virginia Community.
Did you know?
- There are 11,830 homeless people in the Metropolitan Washington Area
- Homelessness among families has increased nearly 23% since 2008
- Schooling for homeless children is often interrupted and delayed, with homeless children twice as likely to have a learning disability, repeat a grade, or to be suspended from school.
- Nearly 60% of adults in homeless families work, yet they do not make enough money to afford a stable place to live.
You can help!
Through a series of events this fall, NVFS, in partnership with Fannie Mae, will be reaching out to promote community awareness of homelessness in Northern Virginia and to help get families into safe and healthy homes.
But we need your help! By registering 4000 participants NVFS can earn $50,000 in matching funds from Fannie Mae so check out the 3 links below to see how you can get involved:
1. Sign up now to participate in a NVFS community walk.
2. Organize your own walk or other type event.
3. Sponsor a walker/Donate to the cause.
Who to Contact
- Colleen Ross
Community Engagement Specialist